Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gear: The Best Pants for Trail Work

Over the years I've tried many different brands of pants for trail work. Problems I encountered were that the pants were not durable enough, felt constraining to movement, did not dry fast, or did not have enough pocket space. I've worn USFS issue pants, Dickies Double Knee Work Pants, Riggs, Carharrt, and Levis.

The best pants I've found for doing trail work in different environmental conditions and the many tasks that are performed in trail maintenance are Arborwear Tech Pants. They are made out of 7 oz Nylon fabric, which makes them quick to dry and ultra comfortable. They fit great and feel flexible for working in different body positions. In addition, they are extremely durable. The cargo pockets are really handy for carrying miscellaneous items for work such as bolts, glasses, or small tools. I also enjoy the size of the belt loops which can fit a very wide belt. I've had my first pair for about 2 years and they are still in great condition! I also enjoy wearing them for hiking and backpacking.

Arborwear Tech Pants


No comments:

Post a Comment