Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Where To Find Quality Hickory Handles Online

Most local stores that I've visited seem to carry only one brand of replacement hickory wood handles, most of the time produced by a company called Link. The problem I've found with Link handles is that the grain tends to not run parallel with the axe head kerf, and the handles come with a really shiny lacquer polish (which I always removed with sandpaper). Since rehandling an axe when done with craftsmanship and care is not a quick process, in my opinion it is worth investing into a quality handle. A properly handled axe should last at a minimum 2 complete trail season of heavy use with minimal reinforcements with steel wedges in the axe head.

The Hickory Handle Store has the best quality axe handles that I've seen available online.They have a beautiful rustic appearance and the grain runs true to the kerf, and in addition they are very well priced.

Hickory Handle Store (ebay)

No comments:

Post a Comment